Expert Witness & Legal Nurse Consultant
Marisa Palomino BSN, CCRN, RNC-NIC, C-ELBW, C-NNIC
CCRN-Neonatal, RNC-NIC, C-ELBW, C-NNIC
Management of neonatal transition to extrauterine life, including patient assessment, examination, and resuscitation. In-depth knowledge of the advanced medical equipment used in NICU. Extensive knowledge of neonatal medical treatment and terminology.
Over 14 years of level III Neonatal Intensive Care nursing experience. Clinical Manager, Charge nurse, and bedside nurse roles. Proficient ability to provide direct patient care to complex and critically ill neonates.
RN License (Florida)
BSN degree Nova Southeastern University
Detailed review and analysis of patients’ medical records, written reports,
phone/e-mail consultations, depositions, and expert witness trial testimony.
- Comprehensive review of Neonatal medical records and medically complex care cases to help identify causation issues related to patients’ injury
- Customized written report to support case analysis
- Experience with Plaintiff and Defense cases
- Deposition experience
- Organize medical records to identify additional/missing documents
- Correlation of literature with medical records & analysis
- Identify and interpret standards of care
- Identify document tampering
- Electronic medical record analysis (EMR)
- Interpretation of hospital policy and standards of care
Over 14 years of NICU experience I will be fair and honest in my review, and provide support until case conclusion.
Reliable, Diligent and Thoughtful
I retained Marisa to review a complex medical malpractice case. I was very impressed with her extensive, precise and timely feedback. Marisa’s experience shines through very strongly in her work. She gave me incredible insight and direction on my case. This was a game changer. Marisa is probably one of the most reliable, thoughtful and diligent experts I have ever worked with. I cannot recommend her expert services, enough.
Marisa Palomino, BSN
Nurse Palomino was an expert for us in a case involving the death of 9 day old infant. Her review of the materials was thorough and accurate and she worked diligently at finding the negligence of each nurse involved in the child’s care. Her report is excellent and is helping to barter settlement negotiations. Highly recommended!